Grubbs to Keynote Culture Conference in Philly
Culture Summit 2020:
- October 28, 29, 30
- A world-class venue: The Notary Hotel, Autograph Collection, Philadelphia, Pa
- A group of renowned speakers
- Program full of insightful information, sharing of best practices, and networking opportunities
- Wednesday, October 28:
- Pre-session: Intro to the Fundamentals System™ (for companies new to the system)
- Welcome reception & group dinner (Included)
- Thursday, October 29:
- Featured presentation: Reenergizing your practice of the Fundamentals – David Friedman, Founder/CEO High Performing Culture
- Breakout session, by peer group: CEO/Senior leader and HR professionals
- Featured presentation: I Love Me Some Me: Why Developing You & Your Team Is Key To Success – Boyd Ober, President and CEO of Leadership Resources Want to be a better leader? Prioritize yourself first. Or in the words of NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens, “love me some me.” Join Boyd as he debunks the common view that putting yourself first is selfish.
- Breakout session/panel discussion, by industry sector: service and industrial
- Featured presentation: The Generational Paradox: Today’s Workforce Requires a Different Type of Leader – John Grubbs, Author of Leading The Tribes Generational change is upon us. Millennials are now the dominant generation in the workforce and they do things their own way. And yet they’re not the only generation in our organizations. And what does this mean for our culture? Discover how your organization can remain relevant, and even thrive, in the midst of the vast change taking place in the workforce. This hard-hitting presentation will challenge your assumptions and give you hope for the future. You’ll gain insights for success and be inspired as leaders.
- Company spotlights – lessons learned from the field
- Offsite group dinner (Included) at Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Friday, October 30:
- Featured presentation: The Hero Customer Strategy – Carter L. Schelling, Chairman 3655, Incorporated What If You Could Pick Your Customers? We talk so much about the importance of “getting the right people on the bus” and making sure we’re selecting for cultural fit. But what about our customers? All customers aren’t created equal. What if there was a way to have a disproportionate number of our customers who were highly aligned with our culture? How might that impact our profitability, retention, productivity, satisfaction, and even fun? Carter presents a simple, straightforward method for attracting and landing more of your “Hero” customers. Be prepared to think of your customers in an entirely new way after hearing Carter.
- Featured presentation: Technology update on CultureWise mobile app – David Friedman, Founder/CEO High Performing Culture
- Dealing with the most difficult challenges – Q&A based on audience feedback