8Hr HAZWOPER Refresher
This course meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites.
This online course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, site control, decontamination, personal protective equipment, and respiratory equipment.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
Time to complete:
Once enrolled in the HAZWOPER 8 Hr. Refresher course you will have 3 months to successfully complete the course. If you do not complete the course in 3 months you will not receive a certificate for course completion.
All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
You will be able to print a certificate upon the successful completion of this course.
Tuition: Click enroll to check current pricing