HAZWOPER 24 Hour is required for employees visiting an Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the Government.
This online course covers broad issues pertaining to the hazard recognition at work sites. OSHA has developed the HAZWOPER program to protect the workers working at hazardous sites and devised extensive regulations to ensure their safety and health. This course, while identifying different types of hazards, also suggests possible precautions and protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at the work place.
Note: Workers must have 24 hours of initial training and one day of supervised field experience before they are allowed to enter the site. This online course meets the standard requirement of 24 hrs of initial training. The one day field experience under a trained, experienced supervisor is the responsibility of the student's employer or potential employer.
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable,explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
Time to complete:
Once you enroll in the HAZWOPER course you will have 6 months to successfully complete the course. If you do not complete the course in 6 months you will not receive a certificate for course completion.
All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
You will be able to print a certificate upon the successful completion of this course.
Tuition: Click enroll to check current pricing