The Learning Spotlight
10 Tips for Retaining Great People
1. Share something about the business with each person daily. We want to be in the loop.
2. Hold people accountable for job performance. We want to work with top performers.
3. Promote coaches rather supervisors. We like working for someone that makes us better.
4. Encourage innovation and initiative. We want the freedom to try new things.
5. Promote a dialogue for process improvement. We desire input to make our job better.
6. Maintain a servant leader approach. We will give more effort to someone who has our best interest in mind.
7. Place emphasis on excellence. We want to work for the best.
8. Turn failure into learning opportunities. We do not want to be afraid of making a mistake.
9. Pay attention to morale. Our productivity increases with good morale.
10. Show appreciation. We want to be appreciated for our effort.
My Time to Lead Series
Making the transition to leader is not easy and it is certainly not natural. Yet most companies invest little to nothing preparing new leaders for their new role. This often results in poor morale and higher turnover since many people just replicate what they have seen in the past. This leadership "gap" is prevalent in most companies. Our new and updated leadership series prepares leaders for this new role. Our 3-day leadership series (non-consecutive days)
includes an 86 page work book and a copy of “Listen Up Leader”.
We cover leadership essentials such as:
• Making the leap from co-worker to supervisor
• Learn the diﬀerence between communication and eﬀective communication
• Diﬀerentiate between accountability and blame
• Set goals to communicate accountability as a supervisor
• Recognize the essential nature of trust
• Create an environment that promotes trust in the workplace
Brand New Stuff!
-Leading the Tribes Training - Book my 1-day class at your location for managers and supervisors.
-Leading the Tribes Keynote Speech - Book my 1-hour speech for your event.
Call (903) 295-7400 Today!
Need a Keynote Speaker?
"John Grubbs' keynote message is powerful! John is able to clearly convey his knowledge and foresight on the generational changes that affect ALL of us. I had many A-ha moments with his vivid examples. We continue to talk about what his message taught us to this day. You will have to reach for a tissue to wipe tears of emotion and laughter. John's message is memorable and inspirational!"
Texas Chemical Council
Call John Grubbs (903) 295-7400