GCI Safety Leadership Training
"Because Safety is Leadership"
Your employees do not want to get hurt on the job and yet accidents still occur. People are afraid of pain and yet they suffer injury on the job.
Most safety training misses the entire point. Injuries are about behaviors and behaviors are the result of peer pressure on the job. Our need to "fit in" with our peer group and the current organizational culture is the most common source of injury on the job. Simply understanding the company rules or OSHA regulations does not prevent injury. Find out why individual leadership holds the key to injury prevention on the job.
This intensive 2-day course explores the real source of occupational injury on the job. We go directly to the reasons we all take risk at work. We explain why good people get hurt. Course highlights include:
- Understand the relationship between production and safety
- Explain how most people wear a toga and become "Roman" at work
- Describe the role of consequences as guides for our behavior
- Demonstrate the power of the "little things" as cultural indicators
- Explain how corporate values guide employee decisions
- Define true accountability and its distinction from blame
- Understand the theory of multiple causation when it comes to injuries
- Explain the personal nature of risk
- Describe the cost of injuries to the individual and the organization
- Understand individual and organizational resistance to change
- And much more...