The Learning Spotlight
Does the Younger Generation Think We are the Idiots?
We have all had an idiot for a boss at some point in our lives. For some of us that pain is a present reality and for others it is a painful memory. And, for others the experience is yet to come. And if you ask the younger workers today, the disease is more prevalent in the workplace than we like to admit. The new worker of today’s high-technology work force
seems to resist being led by many of the traditional, short-term focused managers and supervisors that exist in the workplace today.
Today’s tough economy removes the natural camouflage that historically concealed the struggling managers in our businesses that seemed to succeed when the economy was robust and anyone could make money. The curent business stress makes the bad leaders “stand out” in the crowd because every mistake they make has a more visible impact on the performance of the
business. When a business is struggling, every decision has a more meaningful result on the performance of the entire organization. When the bad economy places more pressure on the organization, the decisions and corresponding results become amplified.
Following are five critical indicators that will PREVENT your organization from attracting and retaining the best of young workers today:
By Popular Demand...
By popular demand, we have taken our proven leadership series and adapted it for the new American worker with the research from my upcoming book.
Leading Our Next Generation Series (3 non-consecutive days)
- Day One – Talk This Way - Communicating with Today’s Employee…you will learn:
- When information is most needed by your team
- How to “get through” to the new generation when you think they are not listening
- A proven communication process that really does work when giving feedback to your team
- How to deliver feedback the “right” way
- The method of communication that “gets action” from your listeners
- Day Two – Hold Me Accountable but Don’t Blame Me for Trying…you will learn:
- The critical difference between accountability, responsibility and blame
- How to communicate accountability to today’s workforce
- Methods for generating more initiative from your team members
- Characteristics that make a more accountable culture
- Day Three – Trust is Why We Follow You…you will learn:
- The number one reason why employees quit your company
- Why trust is like a fragile egg
- Ways to build trust with “young and mature” employees alike
- Activities that limit trust on the job
- How to be the leader others really want to follow at work
This affordable 3-day series builds on any supervisor development training that may have been delivered in the past. By applying principles to attract and retain today’s best talent, this course is a must for any aspiring leader, supervisor, manager or executive that wants to be better at getting the most from today’s employee.
Each attendee will get over 100 pages of reference material to use during the training and take back for the future. Give me a call and we can discuss how we can bring this to your team. It is an affordable and effective way to prepare your organization for the generational challenges we are all facing!
Book this training at your location today! (903) 295-7400